Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wow amazing how Life is


In 2005/06?? I met a lovely lady who is a cancer survivor named Peg and she had a friend named Nan...Peg called me because of my mobile bead store she needed to buy some beads. When she saw what I had she told me that when her and Nan(also a cancer survivor) got together next time on the beach she wanted Nan to be introduced to the beads. And we did just that on a nice day when they came to the beach... at first Nan said she was not interested ...but we showed her some work that we had done, then showed her the beads all glass or semi=precious stones. She found some she liked , Lizard my daughter pulled out a table and chair from the van and the necessary supplies and Nan sat and created her first necklace right there in the parking lot. It was beautiful Large Amethyst and I think carnelian, forgive me Nan old age ya know. anyway the finished piece was gorgeous and glorious. Well Miss Nan was hooked ..and she went home and became a Jewelry designer .. I helped her a few more times and she started designing jewelry in cancer representation colors. She marketed her designs and now she has a full fledge business and is retiring as an accountant. She does beautiful work and is so enjoying the wonders she has found in beads and stones and designing.


I have to tell you these two gorgeous women paid me back a 1000 fold...I was too meet with them the day I found out my husband had lung cancer...and because of their personal battles they were so supportive and helpful to me in a very bad moment. May GOD continue to bless them with the wonders of good health.


Continue your wonderfuls journeys


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lorri,
I feel it was OUR blessing to meet you! Your strength and prayers have certainly helped me "fight on." I suspect the same for Nan.

Love and blessings continue for you and yours, Peg

Why I create (my new name Lorri Lee Glennon)

My photo
Hobbsville, North Carolina, United States
Having been a artist literally all my life, I love color and dimension.I learned to sew at age 10 , by age 13 started a stuffed animal business, which grew into a collectable Teddy Bear Business for 15 + years. I opened my own bead store specializing in Spontaneous Creation classes and love to teach everyone they could be creative and open the door to their imagination.I recently returned to one of my favorite art forms taking photographs my father gave me my first camera when I was a child and I have loved photography ever since. I took professional family portraits and weddings for the first 5 years living in the Outer Banks, I am now shooting Family portraits again and sharing my love of the Outer Banks through my blogs. Be creative, walk in faith and never give up....It all happens in God's time