Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Breathe and Create


Wow the summer is about to begin and I will be busy working in the Gift shop I manage...but ...I have spent the last few days cleaning and organizing my studio so I can sneak in there on a moments notice and create something.. anything....I have so much I want to get done. But getting the gift shop ready for the big season .


I finished another Favorite Artist Journal Page ...Van Gogh' Crows in a Cornfield .. I love the colors in this painting and crows are believed to be the messengers in Native American Lore and Corn is very Important to the Cherokee which I am 1/16th ...Mother Selu delivered the corn to the Cherokee and because of this they survived. I have a quilt in sketches right now as a tribute to Mother Selu. So that is why I chose the painting .. I also always wanted to paint this design on my kitchen wall.I wish you could feel and see the yellow fabric I used it has loose threads on it that make it look corn standing ...then used some thread painting where I use the sewing machine to "embroider" images on the page. and last the crows were layered first by thread painting and finally by dimensional paint....I am very pleased with this piece I used Artist canvas for the back of the page so it looks like a painting in the raw.


I also am putting together some more Fabric postcards...playing with denim and layering sheers over a shiny satin background. I will post pictures when I get my first samples done.


As we walk through Life it is always important to breathe...and then create ...do something for yourself YOU are IMPORTANT is you are not happy then no one should be happy.. Just kidding...but you should be happy.


Next time you go for a walk listen to the birds and the sounds around you Mother loves to talk to you and assist you in creating something above and beyond.

No comments:

Why I create (my new name Lorri Lee Glennon)

My photo
Hobbsville, North Carolina, United States
Having been a artist literally all my life, I love color and dimension.I learned to sew at age 10 , by age 13 started a stuffed animal business, which grew into a collectable Teddy Bear Business for 15 + years. I opened my own bead store specializing in Spontaneous Creation classes and love to teach everyone they could be creative and open the door to their imagination.I recently returned to one of my favorite art forms taking photographs my father gave me my first camera when I was a child and I have loved photography ever since. I took professional family portraits and weddings for the first 5 years living in the Outer Banks, I am now shooting Family portraits again and sharing my love of the Outer Banks through my blogs. Be creative, walk in faith and never give up....It all happens in God's time