Sunday, June 24, 2007

Somedays your Heart Picks your friends


there are days as we walk this path we call life...that meet people some wonderful some so-so ...and some of those I chose for friends...


But then there are those that without me realizing My HEART picks them for a friend ...One of them is Sandra P. I met at Caring House last year..she is so special and full of love for the Lord and her fellow humans...


What ?? is the difference you Ponder....???


A friend you pick is one you think of now and then ..wonder how they are doing...and wish a blessing on them.


But HEART picked friends are special because your heart thinks of them everyday with out you even realizing it ...they are there in your mind's eye and you just pray with all your might they are having a good day.


Every one has friends like this ..yesterday I worked a local farmers market ...and met many wonderful people in that 6 hours...One couple I met I believe her name was Patsy and I know her hubby was Chuck have a heart friend going through breast cancer right now...and before I knew what was happening my heart was telling them about caring house and the bead tray and how it really helps cancer patients and caregivers to work with beads while they are undergoing their treatment. Patsy and Chuck said that was exactly what their friend needed and they would get the supplies together to send her...well my heart said not good enough and I got some bags of mixed beads and memory wire plus one of my ATCs(it said inspire) together in a bag and gave it to them to mail to their friend...our hearts linked ..I may not see them again although I hope I do ...I want to know how their friend is doing she has a long hard row ahead of her...


Then when I got home a box arrived with pieces of the most glorious fabrics from a heart friend ..named Sharon ...aka Laff...the special thing about our heartship is we have never met in person...we have talked on the phone once in a while ...but we talk almost every morning for the last almost 7 years in a online game room...we support each other when times are rough and we have had a few too many of those...we miss each other terribly when we don't connect in the morning ...Amazing how your heart can do that ...(but not really because GOD lives there)


I have met a couple of more people I know to be Heart friends ...again without meeting them in person....


Gayle in Florida and Christina in Ohio ...both fiber artists we get to talk about the wonders of our art and our lives...and support each other.We are not as close as Laff and I are but give us time....


Gayle's hubby is fighting cancer too right now ...he will beat it he has her in his world and she strikes me as a very strong person ..it is us strong women that can bring our hubbys and our children and families through tough times ..although there are times we find it hard for us to believe.

She is also an amazing artist ...


Christina lives on a farm with her hubby and kids in Ohio ...they need rain for their crops right now and I can imagine that is difficult to have your family depending on something so uncontrollable ...


I have to tell you one thing I kinda find funny my friend Laff used to live in Ohio and now lives in Florida ...so now I have another friend in Florida and one in Ohio.


anyway back to Heart friends what do all these people have in common

STRENGTH...they are some of the strongest friends I know ...I have many, many others but these are the ones who my heart screamed loudest about today....


Have a day full of sunshine and blessings and a little rain


But remember Let your HEART pick friends too....You will be so happy you did....



No comments:

Why I create (my new name Lorri Lee Glennon)

My photo
Hobbsville, North Carolina, United States
Having been a artist literally all my life, I love color and dimension.I learned to sew at age 10 , by age 13 started a stuffed animal business, which grew into a collectable Teddy Bear Business for 15 + years. I opened my own bead store specializing in Spontaneous Creation classes and love to teach everyone they could be creative and open the door to their imagination.I recently returned to one of my favorite art forms taking photographs my father gave me my first camera when I was a child and I have loved photography ever since. I took professional family portraits and weddings for the first 5 years living in the Outer Banks, I am now shooting Family portraits again and sharing my love of the Outer Banks through my blogs. Be creative, walk in faith and never give up....It all happens in God's time