Thursday, July 2, 2009

Love exists...Art Quilt ...


this is a art quilt I created today using the pillowcase backing .. I really liked the way it turned out...it has always been hard for me to do otherwise for "bindings or finishings" but this really adds I think to this piece. The roses are a sheer fabric I was gifted by a friend last year ( actually a couple of big bags of goodies)
that I layered over a cotton fabric with floral and swirls...then cut the dove out of batik fabric. It is completely sewn by machine the roses are quilted to stand out and the bird is satin stitched with some stippling on the body. you sew your
backing fabric completely around then cut a large enough opening to turn it right out press it really well then add your label over the opening you made for turning it out. I added one of my business cards inside the label pocket with all my info so if they ever need more info pop a few stitches and they have it.

I love the look ...victorian but not...the colors are bold but not...it is truly a pretty piece in my minds eye...but would love any honest critique. I am definitely liking the binding idea I used and will play with it alot more. to hang it I can either put a small hanging pocket on the back or wooden rings to hang it.

enjoy ....and remember love always exist even when you can see it or hold it.

No comments:

Why I create (my new name Lorri Lee Glennon)

My photo
Hobbsville, North Carolina, United States
Having been a artist literally all my life, I love color and dimension.I learned to sew at age 10 , by age 13 started a stuffed animal business, which grew into a collectable Teddy Bear Business for 15 + years. I opened my own bead store specializing in Spontaneous Creation classes and love to teach everyone they could be creative and open the door to their imagination.I recently returned to one of my favorite art forms taking photographs my father gave me my first camera when I was a child and I have loved photography ever since. I took professional family portraits and weddings for the first 5 years living in the Outer Banks, I am now shooting Family portraits again and sharing my love of the Outer Banks through my blogs. Be creative, walk in faith and never give up....It all happens in God's time