Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Some new ideas,,,from sketchbook toooo???





For my birthday last year my oldest daughter gave me some Prismacolor markers and watercolor pencils...I have always loved art markers when I was a kid I saved up my grass cutting money to buy a set of 60 Buffalo markers I was in 7th grade and one of my best friends had a set she brought to art class and they were amazing every color of the rainbow ...yest classic colors too ochre, burnt umber, raw umber. and I learned to create with them. So where is this discussion going...I never played with my prismacolors till recently and at first played with them on fabric (WOW) look at the fox in a earlier post. and now directly on canvas , with some designs I had sketched for a series of Art Quilts...and couldn't wait to see them in colors...

I hope you agree how cool they are..I love them ...and the pieces I did there were 9 altogether are numbered and framed(5x7) ..I think I may post some on etsy ...not sure yet.

they are just fun and funky....

So now that I have seen them in color I definitely want to take them to the next level.

Sssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooo????

have a day full of creative thoughts and a happy heart

No comments:

Why I create (my new name Lorri Lee Glennon)

My photo
Hobbsville, North Carolina, United States
Having been a artist literally all my life, I love color and dimension.I learned to sew at age 10 , by age 13 started a stuffed animal business, which grew into a collectable Teddy Bear Business for 15 + years. I opened my own bead store specializing in Spontaneous Creation classes and love to teach everyone they could be creative and open the door to their imagination.I recently returned to one of my favorite art forms taking photographs my father gave me my first camera when I was a child and I have loved photography ever since. I took professional family portraits and weddings for the first 5 years living in the Outer Banks, I am now shooting Family portraits again and sharing my love of the Outer Banks through my blogs. Be creative, walk in faith and never give up....It all happens in God's time