Saturday, March 2, 2013

Quilt show : Priceless treasures Manteo, NC

Saturday March 9th I will be spending  the day, at the annual Priceless Treasures Quilt show that take over Roanoke Island Festival Park Gallery(amazing space) and they hang as many beautiful pieces as they can.  And believe me there are incredible works there again this year as there is every year. 

March 9th is the opportunity to see some of the selection of the 4  quilt shops  in our region, two here in in Manteo, that sells  distinctive fabrics  called Shoreline Handwerks   http://www.shorelinehandwerks.com/, 

 Outer Banks Quilts and Antiques on Sir Walter Raleigh Street , where you not only find fabrics but treasures to use with them in collage and fiber art works, art quilts, ATCs and more....


Simply Divine Fabrics & Things

1409 W Church St, Elizabeth City, NC 27909 (252) 331-2150
They carry Brights like I have never seen with great patterns, and designs, the owner's mother makes the cutest chicken pin cushions and they are as nice as they can be.
Check them out if you are in the area....
 
Finally but not last is Quilts & More
1092 Commissary Road, Elizabeth City, NC (252) 338-9500
They carry more of the traditional colors and quilt fabrics, some really cute designs,plus some civil war prints.  Check them out too when you are out that way visiting.
Tell Connie I said HI!


 Fabric Postcards which I love are just small art quilts that you can mail, or keep for yourself and frame.  I am working on some more houses, different types of puppies and some new dragonfly pieces. I have been very busy getting many new cards ready , Kitty Cats, Puppy Dogs, Beach Babes and this year I will have a new line that showcases some of my photographs I have taken around the Outer Banks... 

I have also been busy creating some new Mini-Arts , small pieces of embellished ATC size art mounted in beautiful frames ...just the right little pieces for a friend at a reasonable price.
 
What a great group of ladies the Tea Cup Quilters are that tirelessly put the show together every year. 

These are photos from Last years Show ...the piece in the first picture to the right..."Ghost of Kill Devil Hills" is hanging in the show this year...I will also have some new postcards that contain the photo that I took the day the coast guard station was torn down that inspired the PAS technique Quilt.

Hope to see you there!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Why I create (my new name Lorri Lee Glennon)

My photo
Hobbsville, North Carolina, United States
Having been a artist literally all my life, I love color and dimension.I learned to sew at age 10 , by age 13 started a stuffed animal business, which grew into a collectable Teddy Bear Business for 15 + years. I opened my own bead store specializing in Spontaneous Creation classes and love to teach everyone they could be creative and open the door to their imagination.I recently returned to one of my favorite art forms taking photographs my father gave me my first camera when I was a child and I have loved photography ever since. I took professional family portraits and weddings for the first 5 years living in the Outer Banks, I am now shooting Family portraits again and sharing my love of the Outer Banks through my blogs. Be creative, walk in faith and never give up....It all happens in God's time