Monday, August 5, 2013

What makes a Artist?

Sometimes it is happiness, sometimes lonliness and sometimes sadness.

I  create from all but mostly happiness , maybe a wonderful bright colored new piece of fabric or a chance sighting of a Kingfisher sitting on a piling in the water, or maybe a little girl walking on the beach with her bright yellow sandpail picking up shells and enjoying life as it should be. 

Whatever your catalyst is , you must not ignore it....because it will not go away.   Those doodles that keep dribbling out of your pen at business meetings or during long phone calls are telling you something.  You have a creative streak, Oh my gosh your a streaker, oops not in that sense, you need to get someplace where you can play like you did when you were a child in school remember the first day of school and the smell of a new box of crayolas or the paste in a jar or how paper smelled.  Ok so now you are saying to yourself , this chick is crazy , well maybe, I have been called Bohemian by more than one person in my life and you know what it fits for the most part.  My love of my fellow people and the idea that many think they can't be creative just sends me spiraling trying to figure out how to get them headed to where I am . Its ok they know me here, and I just want others to see how much more fun life can be with art in it.  Art is not expensive, does not require years of study, and is the most personally uplifting process you can ever experience in today's tough times.  When you create no matter what it is, it is ART!  and YOU are a ARTIST!  

So what makes a artist, allowing yourself the freedom to sit down and create .  Look over the following photos that I have taken in the last few months...maybe one is the inspirational key to opening your creativity.














No comments:

Why I create (my new name Lorri Lee Glennon)

My photo
Hobbsville, North Carolina, United States
Having been a artist literally all my life, I love color and dimension.I learned to sew at age 10 , by age 13 started a stuffed animal business, which grew into a collectable Teddy Bear Business for 15 + years. I opened my own bead store specializing in Spontaneous Creation classes and love to teach everyone they could be creative and open the door to their imagination.I recently returned to one of my favorite art forms taking photographs my father gave me my first camera when I was a child and I have loved photography ever since. I took professional family portraits and weddings for the first 5 years living in the Outer Banks, I am now shooting Family portraits again and sharing my love of the Outer Banks through my blogs. Be creative, walk in faith and never give up....It all happens in God's time