Saturday, May 27, 2017

Renaissance Woman...reawakening in my art

a revival of or renewed interest in something:
When you are a artist you are always looking, searching, trying to find that technique or style that captures you heart and soul. 
For the last few years I have been struggling with finding what I thought would allow me to create Art that not only made me happy but would have a reaction from friends, family and customers.
So I could do what I love to do, Create , make art , share my art with all the world.
You see I was born to be an artist , my Father was an artist , he started me on my art life journey when I was 4 years old, not scribbles , charcoal still lifes , pastels, acrylics, oils , oil pastels, and more .   
By age 10 I discovered fabric and beads and other treasures.  I started sewing doll clothes, and then stuffed animals the first few from patterns , but quickly I was designing my own patterns.  Age 15 I started selling my animals , specializing in Teddy Bears , jointed antique style, thanks to Peter Bull, a English Actor who never went anywhere without his faithful Teddy Bear companion.
I created  those bears for 22 years ,but was forced to make the decision to retire as a Teddy Bear Artist . Each Teddy Bear was  very labor intensive, hard board joints pop riveted, stitching all the seams closed by hand , stitching the nose, inhaling bear fluff , it was a dangerous job...LOL!

I have since created leather bags , Native American inspired jewelry which lead me to creating my bead woven jewelry.  But I have always loved fabric , so I focus on "painting" with it , and I love it.

My new fabric paintings are opening a way to use colors sometimes very intense.  I paint with the fabrics ...the skies being represented with numerous strips and dips and dabs of fabric , mostly a very artsy fabric known as batik with its bright colors , wonky patterns and just a flurry of creative inspiration.

I have been busy creating 5 x 7 inch fabric postcards using my new art technique , designing Critters, Fetish Animals , Landscapes and Houses , plus whatever I haven't thought of yet .Below are photos of recent art pieces.

I am expanding to presenting these pieces on 8 x 10 and up in sizes ,  artist canvases for easy hanging by those who chose to enjoy such different and fun ART!!!



























Why I create (my new name Lorri Lee Glennon)

My photo
Hobbsville, North Carolina, United States
Having been a artist literally all my life, I love color and dimension.I learned to sew at age 10 , by age 13 started a stuffed animal business, which grew into a collectable Teddy Bear Business for 15 + years. I opened my own bead store specializing in Spontaneous Creation classes and love to teach everyone they could be creative and open the door to their imagination.I recently returned to one of my favorite art forms taking photographs my father gave me my first camera when I was a child and I have loved photography ever since. I took professional family portraits and weddings for the first 5 years living in the Outer Banks, I am now shooting Family portraits again and sharing my love of the Outer Banks through my blogs. Be creative, walk in faith and never give up....It all happens in God's time