Sunday, November 29, 2009

Works in Progress



Just wanting to share some of the works in progress hanging on my design wall right now.
the Chicken well look closely to see what it is made of.

The lady face is one of my Soul Face series I created it from some scraps a friend sent me.
What would you name her??

The dragonfly is a piece I created while I was away on my trip to the mountains.  I used leaves from the ground in our campsite  and hand sewed them to the gray felt fleece background. The dragonfly is cut from batik flannel ...I love it because the texture and colors are vibrant.  I love working with batiks...I could do it all the time and choose to ignore my other fabrics I have spent years collecting but don't think they would appreciate it ...lol.  This will go on the wall next to my Hope piece I made last year at this time.
Start creating even if it is only writing a piece of Haiku on you dinner napkin or plan a great practical joke on a friend ....or better yet in this season of miracles  Commit a Random act of kindness.
I have been knitting hats and scarves for our Christmas family its not much but its something and at least I can do that.  My girls are adding things to their box we will mail off Tuesday.
Blessings and Happiness to us all.



No comments:

Why I create (my new name Lorri Lee Glennon)

My photo
Hobbsville, North Carolina, United States
Having been a artist literally all my life, I love color and dimension.I learned to sew at age 10 , by age 13 started a stuffed animal business, which grew into a collectable Teddy Bear Business for 15 + years. I opened my own bead store specializing in Spontaneous Creation classes and love to teach everyone they could be creative and open the door to their imagination.I recently returned to one of my favorite art forms taking photographs my father gave me my first camera when I was a child and I have loved photography ever since. I took professional family portraits and weddings for the first 5 years living in the Outer Banks, I am now shooting Family portraits again and sharing my love of the Outer Banks through my blogs. Be creative, walk in faith and never give up....It all happens in God's time