Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Caution Working Artist

I am a working Artist .....But for 5 plus years here on the beautiful Outer Banks I was the proud owner of Ocean Beads Gallery...I opened it in a 400 square foot store with my oldest daughter ...in 2003 we moved it to a 2000 square foot store so we could have more room to teach. It was such a blessing to be able to teach so many people to think outside the box that they can use the key of imagination and opened that box and make something of beauty they can be proud of....We had a wonderful following....But in 2005 we were told our lease was not to be renewed and that all of the small businesses where we were was being told to leave.
In order for a Big Box Store to move in. I put everything in storage hoping to relocate in spring of 2006...but alas was not to be ..my wonderful hubby was diagnosed with lung cancer...(which he beat with the help of the Lord and Duke Hospital)...It was then I started on this journey of concentrating on my Art ...and loving my husband as he is my world.

My father started me painting and drawing when I was 4 years old ...he was a wonderful artist. As I grew .. I continued to "draw" upon his teachings and all of my other art teachers..but also found things other than paper and paints and pastels to use to create Art.

I found tiny glass objects with holes in them .......beads glorious beads...and fabrics...and old jewelry....OH MY what wonders I could create with them. and I did ...When I was 18 I designed teddy bears that people wanted to collect...and I made them for 15 years. But the reality of real world jobs and family came along and they fell to the side.

When I moved here to the Outer Banks it was only temporary I thought ...move on travel enjoy the beauty ...But no there were other plans a wonderful man, a artistic community and people who I wanted to share what I knew about being creative with.

So now as my hubby has beat the cancer....knock on wood...I want to work as a artist so I can spend my time with him being his soulmate and his wife....

I am creating art of all kinds but I love my fibers ,,, fabrics,,, beads and more.

I will be posting pics of things I am working on so you can see....how fun it is to live and love life.

No comments:

Why I create (my new name Lorri Lee Glennon)

My photo
Hobbsville, North Carolina, United States
Having been a artist literally all my life, I love color and dimension.I learned to sew at age 10 , by age 13 started a stuffed animal business, which grew into a collectable Teddy Bear Business for 15 + years. I opened my own bead store specializing in Spontaneous Creation classes and love to teach everyone they could be creative and open the door to their imagination.I recently returned to one of my favorite art forms taking photographs my father gave me my first camera when I was a child and I have loved photography ever since. I took professional family portraits and weddings for the first 5 years living in the Outer Banks, I am now shooting Family portraits again and sharing my love of the Outer Banks through my blogs. Be creative, walk in faith and never give up....It all happens in God's time