Monday, April 16, 2007

Not all of us can be Cinderella ....

But some of us can be Fairy Godmothers....now you may think what does this mean ...it means we all have a inner beauty and kindness that we can share. Whether it is a simple smile at a stranger in a grocery store or trying to help a mother with a crying child ...or helping someone put groceries in their car....

I was raised in Virginia and spent summers with my Nanna...who taught me love and looking out for others. She came from a family of 14 ...13 who grew to adulthood working hard on the family farm and whom I was blessed to know ... her mother my great granma lived to be 98 years old.

I love working with my hands and my heart .sharing what I create either
as a gift or for money as a working Artist. Last summer I gave away many of the pieces to people I met while my wonderful hubby was undergoing cancer treatment. just little things to make them realize someone cared.

We stayed at a place called Caring House in Durham it is a place for cancer patients to stay ...I started a bead tray and taught patients and caregivers how to bead bracelets and relax through creativity.
The tray is still there and its mission continues from donations received for my Artist Trading cards I create.

Life is good Hubby has beat cancer twice now ...and I lead a life of Faith.

No comments:

Why I create (my new name Lorri Lee Glennon)

My photo
Hobbsville, North Carolina, United States
Having been a artist literally all my life, I love color and dimension.I learned to sew at age 10 , by age 13 started a stuffed animal business, which grew into a collectable Teddy Bear Business for 15 + years. I opened my own bead store specializing in Spontaneous Creation classes and love to teach everyone they could be creative and open the door to their imagination.I recently returned to one of my favorite art forms taking photographs my father gave me my first camera when I was a child and I have loved photography ever since. I took professional family portraits and weddings for the first 5 years living in the Outer Banks, I am now shooting Family portraits again and sharing my love of the Outer Banks through my blogs. Be creative, walk in faith and never give up....It all happens in God's time